Your Privacy Rights (Last updated: March 30, 2015)
Information We Collect About You
We may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and email address. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries.
- Information you provide: We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card information, and other personally identifiable information. When you join Kitchen Design Guide by requesting a free quote, you are opting in to receive emails from us or about Kitchen Design Guide, other Home Improvement Leads, Inc brands, one of our affiliates, or one of our 3rd party marketing partners. You can opt-out of notifications by replying to emails you’ve received, using the unsubscribe link the email, or contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from us.
- Information from other sources: We may also obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from business partners, contractors and other third parties, such as updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and demographic information.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services;
- Communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices or send newsletters, promotional offers, sweepstakes, customer feedback surveys, and other relevant legal notifications about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our affiliates, our partners or third parties;
- Communicate with you via phone or email with regard to partially completed service requests;
- Develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- Perform background screening, which may include the use of third parties or service professionals;
- Manage our business; or
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial Information for Service Professionals
For service professionals, we may use financial or payment method information to process payment for any purchases made on our website, enroll you in the discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to pre-qualify you for credit card and other offers that you might find of interest, to pre-qualify you to participate in our contractor network, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
With Whom We Share Your information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our web site or while using our services. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through kitchendesignguide.org or performing background checks of service professionals. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Marketing affiliates: When you are referred to us via a third party marketing affiliate, we may share your email address, and other information that you provide, to such marketing affiliate.
- Service professionals: We match your information and service request against our list of service professionals. When you submit a service request through our website, you consent to our providing your personal information and request to the service professionals we match with your request. Sharing this information with service professionals allows them to contact you using the email address or other contact information you provided. In addition, we have other approved contractual partners that fulfill service requests, or that utilize their own service professionals to supplement our network, and we share your information with them, subject to contractual confidentiality restrictions, in order to attempt to provide the services requested. If you use our services pursuant to a membership with one of our partners, we may share your service request activity information with such artner. We may also release information to collection and/or credit agencies for past due service professional accounts.
- Business partners: When you make purchases, reservations or engage in promotions offered through kitchendesignguide.org or our services, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other contact information to that merchant.
- Direct mail partners: From time to time we may share our postal mailing list with selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- Other Situations: We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce kitchendesignguide.org terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and Non-Personal Information
We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties and affiliated companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors.
How You can Access Your Information
Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information
At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial marketing or promotional emails or newsletters from us by accessing your user account and opting out. You also will be given the opportunity, in any marketing email that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future, or by replying to any of these emails. Be sure you include your name and email address. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship email communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. If you prefer not to have us share your email address & other information with selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you, you can notify us at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Blogs, Bulletin Boards, Chat Rooms and Other Social Media Sites
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
Visiting Our Websites from Outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to Contact Us
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
- the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- the names and addresses of the third parties that received that information; and
- if the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
We may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you. The designated email address for these requests is email@example.com
Do Not Call Policy
Kitchen Design Guide takes its responsibilities about customer information and customer service very seriously. In support of this commitment, Kitchen Design Guide has adopted the following Do Not Call Policy.
No employee or agent of Kitchen Design Guide shall engage in telemarketing practices that violate the terms of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991, the FTC Telephone Sales Rule, or state regulation.
Kitchen Design Guide maintains a record of the name and telephone number for consumers who do not wish to be called. If you don’t want to receive sales calls from Kitchen Design Guide, just ask us to place your name on our Do Not Call List. We will note your request immediately, and will remove your information from active lists within 30 days.
You can make your request in writing by mailing us at 804 Congress Avenue, Suite 400, Austin, TX 78701or by phone by calling 1-888-643-3888. When you make a request you must include your name, address and telephone number(s) you want to be included on our list. If your information changes, please notify us of the new name, address, and telephone number(s) in order to remain on our Do Not Call List. If you would like us to remove you from our Do Not Call List in order to receive our telephone solicitations, notify us by contacting us at the above address or telephone number.
Please note that Kitchen Design Guide’s Do Not Call Policy does not cover independent third parties, so you may continue to receive calls from other companies. If you would like to add your number to the National Do Not Call List, you may do so by calling 1-888-382-1222, or visiting www.donotcall.gov.
Also note that being on the Kitchen Design Guide’s Do Not Call List restricts telephone solicitations only. We may still contact you about other topics.
All Kitchen Design Guide personnel involved with telemarketing and/or telephone solicitation for Kitchen Design Guide are trained, informed, and directed to comply with Kitchen Design Guide Do Not Call Policy.
Upon request, Kitchen Design Guide will provide its Do Not Call policy. The policy is also available online at the following web address: http://kitchendesignguide.org/terms
Thank you for your interest in our Privacy and Do Not Call Policies.